Welcome to the professional website of Mr David Cheung, Consultant Ophthalmologist and Oculoplastic Surgeon, practising in Birmingham, West Midlands, UK. Mr Cheung hopes that this website will be of educational value for all NHS and private patients and for referring opticians & GPs. We would welcome feedback to help improve this site. Please contact us using the link at the bottom of the page.
Mr Cheung is both an eye and eye plastic surgeon specialising in all kinds of eyelid, tear duct and eye socket surgery
- Mr Cheung is a consultant ophthalmologist who sees and treats patients with all types of eye conditions e.g. cataracts, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, etc.
- In addition, Mr Cheung is a consultant oculoplastic/oculofacial & orbital surgeon, meaning that he is expert in the specialised delicate plastic surgery of the structures around the eye and face e.g. eyelids, eyebrows, tear drainage system & eye socket; providing comprehensive modern management of functional/reconstructive and cosmetic problems. These include:
- default_titleHeavy Lids, Hooded Lids (Blepharoplasty)
- default_titleEyelid ptosis (drooping eyelids) and eyebrow ptosis (drooping eyebrows)
- default_titleThyroid eye disease
- default_titleEyelid malposition e.g. entropion (in-turning eyelids) and ectropion (out-turning eyelids)
- default_titleFacial Palsy/ Bells Palsy Rehabilitation
- default_titleCancers/ Tumours/ Lumps and bumps of the eye and around the eye
- default_titleXanthelasma Removal/ Cholesterol patches
- default_titleArtificial Eyes & Eyeball Removal Surgery (Enucleation/Evisceration)
- default_titleCosmetic improvement surgery for artificial eyes and eye sockets
- default_titleWatering eye surgery
- default_titleBotulinum Toxin injection treatment for blepharospasm and other involuntary facial movements
- default_titleReconstructive surgery for trauma to eye, eyelid and socket
- Show More
- default_titleEyelid bags (Eye bags), Heavy Eyelids, Drooping Upper Eyelids, Sagging Upper Eyelids, Baggy Eyelids (Cosmetic Blepharoplasty), Hooded Eyelids
- default_titleCosmetic Oriental Eyelid Surgery/ Double Eyelid Surgery/ Asian Blepharoplasty/ Oriental Blepharoplasty
- default_titleDooping Upper Eyelids, Eyelid Ptosis Correction Surgery
- default_titleBrow Lifting
- default_titleTear Trough Rejuvenation using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane
- default_titleCosmetic wrinkle relaxing injections
- default_titleWrinkle reduction treatment using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane
- default_titleMidface Lifting
- Show More
A message from Mr Cheung:
" To all my patients who have kindly agreed to allow the use of their photographs in the making of this website: Thank you again for allowing me to use them for the benefit and education of others. My deepest gratitude goes out to you again! To all users of this website: please respect the dignity and wishes of my patients by not reproducing their photographs/images elsewhere"
All patient photographs/images have been reproduced with the express consent of the patient involved. It is hoped that they have been cropped sufficiently to remove identifying features but still retain educational value.